The mission of Sumter School District is to equip students to be responsible, successful, and productive citizens in a global society.
Sumter School District will educate all students to embrace diversity, act responsibly, and contribute positively in a competitive, global society.
To Educate, Empower and Enrich!
Values and Beliefs
- Commitment to Excellence: Educational excellence requires that all stakeholders strive for continual growth and improvement.
- Unyielding Ethical Standards: Build and maintain an abiding sense of honor and integrity that is characterized by high standards.
- Accountability: All stakeholders are accountable for their actions and will be responsive to the needs of others.
- Educating the Whole Child: All students are granted the opportunity to succeed based on individual needs.
- Providing a Safe Learning Environment: Students have the right to learn in an environment conducive to learning.
- Collaboration and Support amongst Stakeholders: Pervasive and valuable collaborative efforts create meaningful strategies and solutions.