*Applications are due by April 30. The preferred method of delivery is by email to email@example.com.*
What is the purpose of the open enrollment process?
- The purpose of this process is to increase students’ access to educational opportunities within Sumter School District. A request must be made to attend a school that has an academic program that is not available at the school for which a student is zoned to attend. Acceptance is contingent upon meeting prerequisites (if any) for the requested program.
What is an out-of-zone request?
- An out-of-zone transfer request is available to address situations that occur outside of the open enrollment process to include hardships. Documentation must be provided to support the request.
What is the application procedure?
- Applications for kindergarten through twelfth grade students are available April 1-30 at the District Office (1345 Wilson Hall Road) or online at sumterschools.net. Pre-kindergarten students are not eligible.
- Applications must be received by the District Office or postmarked by April 30, 2020. Email, mail, or deliver to Sumter School District C/O Maria Thomas, 1345 Wilson Hall Road, Sumter, SC 29150 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email is the preferred method of delivery.)
- Letters will be mailed to parents regarding their requests no later than May 29, 2020.
- Students must enroll in their new schools by June 11, 2020, or approval will be nullified.