Welcome to Sumter School District
Sumter School District is committed to educating, empowering, and enriching the lives of all students to reach their full potential.
Sumter School District is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and high-quality educational environment that supports diversity and equips students for local and global success.
Values and Beliefs
- Commitment to Excellence: Educational excellence requires that all stakeholders strive for continual growth and improvement.
- Unyielding Ethical Standards: Build and maintain an abiding sense of honor and integrity that is characterized by high standards.
- Accountability: All stakeholders are accountable for their actions and will be responsive to the needs of others.
- Educating the Whole Child: All students are granted the opportunity to succeed based on individual needs.
- Providing a Safe Learning Environment: Students have the right to learn in an environment conducive to learning.
- Collaboration and Support amongst Stakeholders: Pervasive and valuable collaborative efforts create meaningful strategies and solutions.
Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Registration
2023-2024 APPROVED Modified Calendar
Sumter School District has been designated as a Purple Star School District, a new statewide recognition program that celebrates schools and districts that make a significant commitment to welcome and support military families. Purple Star schools and districts advance the requirements of the Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission, MIC3, by seamlessly connecting students and helping them stay on track for ongoing academic success.