Crosswell Drive Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Shawn P. Hagerty
Address: 301 Crosswell Drive, Sumter, SC 29150
Phone: (803) 775-0679 Fax: (803) 778-2857
School Day: 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The faculty and staff of Crosswell Drive Elementary welcome all students and families to our 2023-2024 school year. We are committed to academic excellence and continually strive to meet the needs of each individual student. The instructional day will begin promptly at 7:30 a.m., and we will begin dismissal procedures at 2 p.m. daily. Breakfast will be served from 6:50 to 7:20 a.m. each morning.
“Meet the Teacher Night” will occur on August 16 from 3 – 7 p.m. Information packets about our school, policies, procedures, health related documentation, and many more items will be provided during that time.
All student supplies (except bookbags) will be provided throughout the school year. For up-to-date information please like our Facebook page or contact the school directly.
Jump Start Camp: Crosswell Drive Elementary will host a Jump Start Camp for kindergarten students who are new to the school on Tuesday, July 25 from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Students are asked to bring a snack.
Drop-off/Pick-up Procedures: Drop-off time for car riders will begin at 6:50 a.m. Car riders should be dropped off and picked up from designated drop-off and pick-up areas only. No front entrance drop-offs or pick-ups are allowed during on-time arrival and dismissal procedures. Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for further information.
No students will be allowed to exit the building through the main entrance. There is to be no parent parking in the front of the building near the front entrance, on Bowman Street or walker dismissal doors for the purpose of picking up students at dismissal. Parents cannot pick children up on Bowman. Bowman must remain clear of all cars. All “walkers” will need to leave the campus on foot. Once students are dismissed they are not allowed to return to campus.
Our instructional day ends at 1:55 p.m., and students are engaged in learning activities until the very end of their school day. Please help us protect each child’s valuable instructional time by refraining from checking your child out early. We ask that you do not sign your child out for early dismissal after 1 p.m. unless for medical reasons or emergencies. This gives sufficient time for your child to be ready for dismissal . The front office will not hold students after this time to maintain safety.
Students will dress and groom in a clean and neat manner which does not distract or interfere with the operation of the school. Student attire should not be immodest or revealing and should comply with requirements for health and safety. Clothing that will cause or is likely to cause disruption of the learning process of others may not be worn. We will contact you if the administration deems a dress code violation. Please be accommodating when we contact as we will do everything we can here prior to contacting.
- ‘Pedicure-style’ flip-flops, flip-flops that can easily be torn apart, slides,bubble slides, bubble shoes with or w/o straps, footies, pajamas, house shoes or bedroom slippers (students must wear appropriate footwear at all times; shoes will be worn for safety and health reasons; no person should be barefoot at school; shoes, sneakers, boots, etc., must be laced up and tied; crocs must be worn with the heel strap in the downward position or “sport mode.”
- Shorts, short skirts, skorts, etc., must be no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Lycra or spandex clothing or any excessively tight clothing (leggings may be worn under shorts or dresses provided that the shorts or dresses meet the length standard of no shorter than three inches above the knee).
- Jeans or pants with holes may be worn only when the holes are not deemed indecent. Holes must be below the pocket and must not be large or near the pockets. No undergarments should be seen through the holes.
- No sagging pants, shorts, skirts, etc. are allowed. These items should be worn above the hip.
- Belts must be kept buckled so pants do not sag and undergarments are showing. Belts are required for pants. Suspenders or overall straps must be hooked and kept on shoulders.
- Any student found to be in violation of the dress code will be required to report to the office to call someone to bring an appropriate change of clothes and/or to receive disciplinary action.
- Any attire deemed by the administration to be unsuitable or disruptive to the educational or cultural climate of the school.